Wednesday 13 November 2013

Back in SIN - Itacho Sushi


One of my must haves in Singapore is sushi at Itacho Sushi. A Japanese restaurant chain from Hong Kong, this very famous chain is known for its delicious sushi and soon made its way to the sunny shores of Singapore. With so many Japanese sushi establishments all around Singapore, the success and popularity of Itacho Sushi is still evident with the snaking queues every lunch and dinner.


They occasionally have promotional items or popular food on the menu that are going at attractive special offers. The smoked duck sushi was on special this time and I thought it would be a good chance to give it a shot. It was nice to have smoked duck that is not overly salty or too tough, but it was not amazing in a way that I would have to order it again.


One item that caught my eye was the Roasted Squid Leg and that was so delicious! A combination of crunch and chewiness, this was an amazing party in my mouth and I could not get enough of it.


The reason why I love patronising Itacho Sushi is for their aburi sushi. I never miss any opportunity to dine there, be it for a full meal or a light snack. And my must haves are Roasted Salmon Belly and Roasted Fish Dorsal sushi. The fish was torched wonderfully, still retaining the fresh, raw fish underneath.


Knowing that I will not be able to dine at Itacho Sushi as often as I used to, I decided to go all out and have the Whole Sea Eel sushi. As a fan of grilled eel, it was a sight to behold! The eel was soft and smooth, and was not overly baste in sweet sauce.

Itacho Sushi is still as good as I remember it - fresh and delicious sushi, and has yet to disappoint. Try to snag yourself a seat at the sushi bar to see the chefs in action. It is amazing to watch them work during the dinner crowd, and anticipating the next morsel of tastiness coming your way!

Itacho Sushi
Ion Orchard
#B3-20

Phone: +65 6509 8911

No comments :

Post a Comment