Tuesday 5 June 2012

A Box of Surprises!

And it was just that! Ok, to give you guys a clearer picture of what happened, I need to go back to two weeks ago...

I was going to cook dinner, stir fried noodles to be precise. I like my carbs, especially my rice and noodles. So it is great to find a range of noodles available at the supermarkets and they are so easy to prepare (put the noodles in boiling water for two minutes, drain and use however you like)! I had a packet of Kan Tong Flat Thai Noodles ready to use, only to notice that the noodles looked a little off white. A closer inspection of the packet showed a best before date of 23 February 2012!

A little bummed out that I couldn't have noodles for dinner, I decided to drop the company a note on their website to inform them of the expired product. I clicked 'send' and expected nothing much, perhaps just a response to thank me for writing in and the issue will be looked into. To my surprise, I received an email response from Mars Food less than a day later, apologising and that "a parcel of complimentary products will be sent" to me. I wanted to get excited about what I will get in the parcel, but also did not want to get my hopes up, in case all I get is another packet of noodles to make up for my purchase (which is still decent, but a girl can dream, no?).

Fast forward back to today, when the parcel arrived. I could not wait and when I opened the package ....

A whole box of goodies just for me! :)
... not only did I get a pack of Flat Thai noodles and Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce for noodles from Kan Tong, but also numerous products from MasterFoods, Uncle Ben's, and Dolmio, all of which are under Mars Food. I am really excited about the Wholegrain Mustard with Honey Finishing Sauce (yum!) and Chilli, Garlic & Capsicum Herb and Spice Blend. It is such a pleasant surprise and cannot wait to try out the different products in the coming weeks!

I know that some of you may think that it isn't a big deal, that the products sent to me are worth hardly anything to the company. But I appreciate the effort taken by them to make up for my purchase. So yay to complimentary products! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment